Temporary: Foliate is easy and chic open supply eBook viewer that gives a Kindle-like studying expertise on Linux desktop.
Foliate supplies trendy studying expertise on Linux desktop
Whereas we have already got an inventory of greatest eBook readers for Linux, I lately got here throughout one other eBook viewer for Linux. It’s referred to as Foliate.
Foliate is a contemporary GTK eBook viewer that provides numerous important options. In the event you personal an Amazon Kindle or another eBook reader, you in all probability miss that type of studying expertise on the desktop.
Foliate addresses these complaints. Foliate reveals an estimate of remaining studying time and pages within the e book. You may add bookmarks, spotlight textual content and add notes. You may export this information or sync them simply.
You may also lookup for phrases utilizing Wiktionary and Wikipedia. You may swap between two web page view and scroll view. It additionally has a number of themes to swimsuit you studying desire.
And the perfect factor is that it’s being actively maintained and developed.
Options of Foliate
Let’s check out all of the options Foliate affords:
- Helps .epub, .mobi, .azw, and .azw3 recordsdata. It DOES NOT assist PDF recordsdata.
- It allows you to learn the eBook on a two-page view mode and affords a scroll view mode as effectively.
- Capability to customise font, line-spacing, margins, and brightness
- Default themes embody Mild, sepia, darkish, Solarized darkish/gentle, Gruvbox gentle/darkish, Gray, Nord, and invert mode.
- You may also add customized themes to tweak the looks of the eBook viewer
- Studying progress slider with chapter marks
- Bookmarks and annotations assist
- Capability to discover a textual content within the e book
- Capability to zoom in and zoom out
- Allow/Disable sidebar for navigation
- Fast dictionary lookup utilizing Wiktionary and Wikipedia
- Translation of textual content utilizing Google Translate
- Touchpad gestures—use a two-finger swipe to show the web page
- Textual content-to-Speech assist with eSpeak NG and Competition
Really helpful Learn:
Putting in Foliate on Linux
For Ubuntu and Debian based mostly Linux distributions, you will get the .deb file from its GitHub releases part to obtain the. Putting in functions from deb file is as straightforward as double clicking on it.
For different Linux distributions like Fedora, Arch, SUSE and many others, Foliate is on the market as Flatpak and Snap bundle. In if you happen to don’t know find out how to use them, it’s possible you’ll observe our information on utilizing flatpak and utilizing snap packages in Linux to get began with it.
You may discover its GitHub web page to construct from supply if you happen to want it.
I attempted it on Pop!_OS 19.10 utilizing the newest .deb file obtainable on GitHub and it labored effectively. I preferred its options although I don’t learn loads on my desktop.
Have you ever tried Foliate but? Be happy to share your expertise with it.